Monday, January 22, 2018

"Invite to Dinner" - Family Recipes

For this post based on the "Invite to Dinner" prompt, I'm sharing a few recipes that have been passed along in my family and are perennial favorites.

My paternal grandfather, John "Johnny" Egbert Wood, made this delicious caramel cake
whenever we visited.  It was always one of the highlights of our times together.

This side dish has been a staple at my family's holiday dinners for many years.
(We went through an egg substitute phase, but now we just use a regular egg.)

My mom makes excellent bread dressing, and this is her recipe.  Her father,
Andrew Joseph Pampas, Jr., was from New Orleans and would always add
oysters (before cooking) to the dressing he made.

This casserole has been a family favorite for as long as I can remember.
It's delicious right out of the over or as leftovers.  Mom is more
ambitious than I am with the chicken.  I use chopped rotisserie chicken.

This post is part of +Amy Johnson Crow's 2018 #52Ancestors challenge.



©Amy Wood Kelly, 2018 I am happy to share my genealogical research and writing with others, as well as to help others with their research efforts.  However, please do not reprint or repost this in full or in part or use excerpts from it without giving full credit to me, Amy Wood Kelly, as the researcher and author as well as providing the permalink to this post.  Thank you, in advance, for showing respect for my request and the work I put creating this.

No comments:

Post a Comment